Ulric Ac Id - Gout Diet: Foods to Avoid - What Should You Scratch from Your Grocery List?Foods To Avoid Diets which are high in purines and high in protein have long been suspected of causing an increased risk of gout (a type of arthritis caused by high amounts of uric acid in the body which form crystals in the joints, leading to pain and inflammation). Results from a study led by Dr. Hyon K. Choi, reported in the March 11, 2004 issue of The new England Journal of Medicine, offer an interesting twist.
Obesity can be Related to Excessive Uric Acid Levels in the BloodPeople who are over weight should consult with their doctor in order to decide on a fair weight-loss program. Fasting or severe dieting can actually raise uric acid levels and cause gout to worsen. Usually people can eat what they like within limits. People who have kidney stones as a result of uric acid may need to actually eliminate purine-rich foods from their diet because those foods can raise their uric acid level. Consuming coffee and tea is not a problem but alcohol can raise uric acid levels and induce a great episode of gout. Having at least 10-12 eight-ounce glasses of non-alcoholic fluids every day is actually recommended, especially if you have kidney stones, to aid flush the uric acid crystals in the physique. Foods Higher Inside Purines This can be considered to be a valuable article on Purines. It is because there is so much to learn about Purines here.
- About The Study Choi's research team followed 47,150 men with no prior history of gout over a 12-year period.
- The conclusion: during the 12 year period of assessment, 730 men were clinically determined to have gout.
- This specific study, though, not all purine-rich foods had been associated with an increased risk of gout.
- There was no increased risk associated with a diet which included: peas beans mushrooms cauliflower spinach
Johns Hopkins Lists Food Which are Higher in PurinesFoods very high in purines include: hearts herring mussels yeast smelt sardines sweetbreads Using great confidence in ourselves, we endeavored to write such a long article on Gout Attacks. Such is the amount of matter found on Gout Attacks.
Foods moderately high in purines include: anchovies grouse mutton veal bread lean meats salmon turkey kidneys partridge trout goose haddock pheasant scallops Gout bulletin board
- Study participants who consumed the highest amount of meat were 40 % more likely to have gout than those who ate the least amount of meat.
- Study participants who ate the most seafood were Fifty percent more likely to have gout.
- The sources used for the information for this article on Gout are all dependable ones.
- This is so that there be no confusion in the authenticity of the article.